Saturday, April 17, 2010

How to stay busy after surgery

To start you need a good work space. I decided Wednesday night after work that I needed a table I could use while being confined to the recliner for a few days after surgery. I am not good at taking it easy, and I like to keep busy. Now I have the space and can keep busy while staying off my leg like I am supposed to! 


Lots of room for all my supplies, and my hubby put wheels on the bottom so I can easily push it away and pull it in once I am all settled into my chair. 
I had bough a couple of patterns and fabric before I hurt my leg, so I was all set with projects to work on. Here are a couple that I finished.

Tote bags with two outside pockets, I think I will be making more of these to sell. All the fabric used was once again from Hannah Johnson's Fabric shop! She has the best around!!
Now this next project was 80 steps, it took 2 days, but I am done! 

Messenger bag with a laptop sleeve. Lots of pockets and zippers, this will be great once I go back to work. It even has a spot for my blackberry! 


This bag, I will not be selling, this is the one and only! It was a lot of work! But I love it!! 
Thanks for looking, Happy Sewing! 

21 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Wow, way to stay busy! These are fantastic! I love all the colors!

kristi said...

I love the messenger bag! What pattern did you use?

Sueann said...

Beautiful bags!! Love your one and only!! It is super!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

That table looks super handy! Clever! Super cute bags, that one does look like a lot of work, but it's just darling! Sew, sew away-
Krista

glor said...

The bags are just beautiful ... really wonderful work! Hope you are feeling better.

Lindsayb-mo said...

If only I could sew like that in general much less after surgery! They are gorgeous!!!! Love them all!

Jennifer said...

Wow! You are super productive. I love how the bag turned out! It looks great.

Cotton Kiwi said...

Great table and good idea having the wheels on it. My poor Mum has just broken both her feet so has to stay off hers too and like you hates not being busy. I don't think she will be doing any sewing with both feet out of action but I will have to suggest the table with wheels for jigsaws and maybe some handsewing. Best wishes for a fast recovery. Don't forget to take some vitamin B6 to replace the stores in your body that the anaesthetic will have stripped you of. :o)

Amanda G said...

Love the messenger bag...share the source of your inspiration perhaps? I'd love to make one too...although I may not be able to do mine in 2 days. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! My leg is sore, but otherwise I feel pretty good! The oattern I used is by McCalls fashion accessories, Number M5824. It is a Jennifer Lokey pattern.

My machine has a start stop button, so no need for the presser foot. That is the only way I can do so much sewing!

Lisa B. said...

These are so stinkin fabulous. I would love to have them all. I hope you are recovering well. hugs

I {heart} Nap Time said...

Those bags are darling!! I'd love for you to link em up to sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundae-scoop-2-link-party.html

Kaysi said...

WOW! You have been really busy. They look so great!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Sorry to read about the bummer leg! I hope you have a speedy recovery! All your bags are cute (especially that LAST one!!!!)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good for you! Your bag turned out beautifully! I know what you mean, when I was laid up after surgery I was okay laying there and watching TV for a few days, but then cabin fever sets in.

Margo said...

Adorable bags! Thanks for sharing!
www.orchidlanedesigns.com

Unknown said...

Love that bag!!! You did a great job. Don't you love your mac book? I sure love mine!

~Liz

Beth said...

Awesome bags!

Sarah said...

As a fellow mac lover I gotta tell ya I'm liking your computer bag as much as your computer!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Julie said...

Wow! I am very impressed with you sewing skills. The bags look great. After all that hard work I'd be keeping it too. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Just adore your bags - Super cute fabrics! You have amazing talent!What a gorgeous work table - just love it! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance ~ Hope you are enjoying your weekend {and getting better}! Fabulous work!